Wednesday, May 7, 2008

the form in which content appears


Photo Credit: Jim Bumgardener

On a side note: Just sort of stumbled across the above which documents the rise in activity level on youtube. Check it.

---
The print medium seems so much more traditional, formal, and academic. Thus I probably won't escape doing something along those lines, but at the same time, I would like to also make my research more accessible and appealing to those outside academia- and especially to the people who I am studying. The web, still being relatively new, provides a lot more flexibility. There are fewer rigid conventions and expectations. I find it to be more innovative. I really enjoyed the Web 2.0 video and believe it works a lot better than if a paper was written about the same thing.

Since I'm studying aesthetics, which connects to each person on a personal level, I see the web as a better way to communicate and connect with my audience, rather than on paper, which generally is a bit drier. Furthermore, the mere connotations/associations of web seems more reflective of the subculture I am studying.

No comments: